Saturday, October 6, 2012

Monochrome

I've been in a pretty large photoslump lately, and I'm not quite sure how to get out of it. Everything just seems too pretty, too nice. It's frustrating. I don't think I know how to produce uglypretty work, just prettypretty. When I went out with Alexis today to shoot in the creek, so many things just kept going wrong -- first, I realized that in order to get the shot I wanted, I would have to get in the water with her (but wasn't dressed properly to do so). Then the light started dying, and when I got back and went through the photos, everything was just so nice and pretty and bland and I'm so sick of pretty. So when I went back to my room, I got to work "de-prettifying" the images. I don't know, they're still pretty, but I think it's a different kind of pretty now, y'know? And I think I'm moving in the right direction of where I want to go. Anyways, here's the product of my ticked off despondently vexed editing spree. It's different than things I have done in the past. And I like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment